Infant, Older Infant, Adolescent & Adult
780-469-5299Book an Appointment
Book an Appointment
Despite the decades long,on-going debate in regards to recommendations on circumcisions,now more well-researched scientific studies continue to show medical benefits on circumcisions.
Benefits of Circumcision include:
- Reduced risk of urinary tract infection and penile infection (also referred to as balanoposthitis)
- 60% reduction in Aids transmission
- 30% reduction in herpes and human papilloma virus transmission which causes mineral warts,cancer of the cervix and cancer of the penis
- Eliminates the risk of developing Phimosis or Balanitis later in life
- Improves hygiene-more importantly in elderly males
- Possible link between circumcision and a reduced risk of prostate cancer,sexual dysfunction and vaginal infection in partners of circumcised men
Due to the researched benefits and the publics’ growing awareness of the importance of circumcision as it pertains to medical benefits and reduced risk of diseases, some of which are potentially deadly like Aids, many physicians have found a significant spike in the demand for infant circumcisions.
As a result one local physician, Dr. Graham Lohlun, conducted extensive research of the various surgical approaches and anaesthetic (pain control) protocols available today for circumcision and found one physician in Canada who had dedicated most of his professional career to focus on finding and researching what he considers the quickest, safest and least uncomfortable circumcision for infants. He found that doctor and decided to study his methods carefully and bring that method to Edmonton through his clinic. The technique and methodology is called the “Pollock Technique” developed by Dr. Neil Pollock in Vancouver who has demonstrated the safety of this method and has come as close to anyone in perfecting a virtually painless 30-second technique over the course of him doing 35,000 circumcisions over 20 years. Dr. Lohlun went to Vancouver and studied Dr. Pollock’s courses where he worked intensively with Dr. Pollock under his careful supervision. Dr. Lohlun first worked on doing hundreds of surgeries on models and then graduated to work on patients and now has brought this 30-second, virtually painless technique to his clinic in Edmonton.
To book an appointment with Dr. Lohlun or to learn more information about the well renowned “Pollock Technique” please feel free to contact the clinic.